- New Zealand's most vibrant city is stuffed full of activities and day trips
- Bubbling with natural sulphur and spectacular sights, Rotorua boats awesome natural wonders both above and below ground
- Get your blood pumping with included skydives & white water rafting!
- Think dramatic Alpine scenery that meets glacial lake - you've got Taupo!
- Explore incredible Hobbiton as well as the Waitomo Caves
- Hike the iconic Tongariro National Park
- 2 night at Base in Auckland
- Tamaki Maori Village with Tamaki Rotorua
- 3 nights at Base in Rotorua
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves AND Hobbiton Movie Set tour with Waitomo Wanderer: start and return to Rotorua
- Geyser Link Shuttle Half Day geothermal (Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland) with Headfirst Travel
- Kaituna Whitewater Rafting
- OGO Rotorua, 3 ride combo including MEGA with OGO Rotorua
- 12,000ft Skydive Taupo
- 2 nights at Base Taupo
- Tongariro Expeditions transport - Taupo return shuttle
- Bus transport with intercity
Day 1 - Auckland
Welcome to Auckland! Once you check into your hostel the day and evening is yours free to find out exactly why Auckland is so famous.
Day 2 - Tamaki / Rotorua
This morning you'll wave goodbye to Auckland and hello to Rotorua as you check into your hostel and explore the town. This evening you'll experience a Maori cultural show complete with a traditional buffet dinner set within the 200-year-old native Tawa Forest.
Day 3 - Wai O Tapu / 2.30pm Whitewater Rafting / Rotorua
Sculptured out of volcanic activity and thousands of years in the making, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland is considered to be New Zealand’s most colourful and diverse geothermal sightseeing attraction. You are introduced to a uniquely different natural landscape – the key to what you see lies below the surface – one of the most extensive geothermal systems in New Zealand, extending over 18-sq. km. Afterwards, you'll get your blood pumping with an afternoon white water rafting. Snake through steep native bush clad canyons and over 14 awesome rapids & 3 waterfalls including world-renowned 7-meter Tutea Falls, the Highest Commercially Rafted Waterfall in the World! Blended with touches of Maori culture, this trip offers it all, for both whitewater rafting enthusiasts and first timers!
Day 4 - Waitomo Caves and Hobbiton / Rotorua
Marvel at Mother Nature's light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Meander underground along the Waitomo River and gaze in silence at the myriad of glow-worm lights that make up the Glowworm Grotto. This afternoon you'll then explore the Hobbiton movie set. The charming countryside of The Shire, as described in JRR Tolkien's books, was painstakingly recreated on a working sheep and beef farm and now draws visitors from around the world. On your guided tour you'll see charming Hobbit holes, the Mill and the Party tree. Tonight is yours free to explore Rotorua.
Day 5 - OGO / Skydive / Taupo
This morning you'll be treated to a truly unique experience - the fastest, longest and steepest downhill ball rolling track in the world! The experience of rolling down a hill inside a giant inflatable OGO has been an iconic adventure experience since Andrew and David Akers (the inventors) developed their first operation in Rotorua back in 1997. Starting from 350m up the hill, visitors are rewarded with spectacular views over Lake Rotorua and Mokoia Island. You'll then jump on board your bus and head to Taupo where you'll check in for two nights. Later this afternoon you'll get the best views in town as you skydive from 14,000ft over Taupo soaking in the views of the iconic lake and surrounding mountains.
Day 6 - Tongariro Alpine Crossing / Taupo
Today you'll experience one of New Zealand's most iconic walks. The famous Tongariro Alpine Crossing is a one day hike across Mt Tongariro. Take in the stunning sites of the Emerald Lakes, Blue Lake, Te Maari crater, the Red Crater. It is a challenging 20km, 6-8 hour alpine hike. You'll have return transport from the crossing and the night free to relax.
Day 7 - Auckland
Today you'll check out of your Taupo accommodation and head back to Auckland where you'll have the rest of the day and the evening free to enjoy your night last in the city.
Day 8 - Checkout
This morning you'll check out of your central hostel at 10 am where your trip will officially come to an end.
Starts: Auckland 10am
Finishes: Auckland 2pm