- Explore the Whitsunday Islands and sleep aboard the boat
- Experience Whitehaven Beach, hill inlet and all of the incredible Whitsundays hot spots
- Drive 4x4s along Fraser Island
- Camp beneath the stars by the ocean on the worlds largest sand island
- 2 day, 2 night Habibi Whitsundays sailing trip
- 3 day, 2-night Dingos Fraser Island tag-along tour departing Rainbow Beach
- 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- Barge transfers and all required permits for Fraser Island
- Accommodation on Fraser Island and onboard Whitsundays sailing boat
+ Option to upgrade your Whitsundays to the incredible Wings Sailing Boat for only $50!
Fraser Island Itinerary:
Attend a tour briefing at 5 pm on the day before your adventure: The comprehensive will provide information to prepare you for this exciting journey. Here you will be placed into groups and have the opportunity to organise sleeping bag hire and special dietary requirements if required. You will also be taught how to drive safely on Fraser Island ready for your big adventure!
Day 1: Travel to Fraser, 75 Mile Beach and Lake Mckenzie
You begin with a quick morning brief at Freedom Hostels. At 9.30 am, depart for Fraser Island. Drive approximately 10 minutes to the barge (ferry) and board for your 10-minute barge crossing. Once you have arrived on the world's biggest sand island, drive for 1 hour to the Eurong resort along 75 Mile beach. Fraser Island's own highway with speed limits! There you can grab a coffee and chocolate croissant (own cost) for morning tea. From here is when the big adventure begins as we drive to the famous Lake McKenzie, arguably the most popular and picturesque highlight of Fraser! Here you'll stop for some lunch, and for some quality time to have a play in the amazingly clear waters with your new-found friends! Around 3pm, drive up the beach to your campsite, for an early dinner and some well-deserved drinks and fun!
Day 2: Eli Creek, Maheno Shipwreck, Indian Head and Champagne Pools
In the morning for a quick breakfast before beginning your busiest day on Fraser Island and head off to see Eli Creek, a beautifully clear creek perfect for a relaxing swim. Travelling north, stop at Maheno shipwreck for some photos and a short history lesson about this famous Fraser Island icon. Shortly after, travel up to Indian Head, Fraser Island's highest point. From here you may be lucky enough to see whales and sharks in the ocean before you travel to Champagne pools for a dip! You can have lunch at either Maheno shipwreck or Champagne pools on Day 2 depending on time constraints, safety, and beauty! In the afternoon, travel back to camp for dinner and drinks.
Day 3: Lake Wabby and 4WD home
Start with breakfast, before your cleaning and takedown of your campsite. You will then drive to the beginning of the Lake Wabby walk, where you'll walk through the sand dunes to this tropical paradise! Lunch follows your trip to Lake Wabby before you begin your drive down the beach heading back to the barge. Once back on the mainland, head back to the 4WD shed where you unpack and quickly clean the cars. You will return to Freedom Hostel between 3 pm and 4 pm.
* Itineraries are likely to change due to tides and weather conditions
Day 1: Afternoon sail to the Whitsunday Islands and Snorkel
Depart Abell Point Marina at 2 pm. Sail to Whitsunday or Hook Island for an afternoon snorkel if tide/weather permits. Enjoy an island eco-tour brief with the crew. Afternoon snacks served as we sail. BBQ Dinner after sunset.
Day 2: Visit Whitehaven Beach/Hill Inlet Lookout, snorkel island coral reefs, bushwalk, sail
Be one of the first visitors to Hill Inlet Lookout and Whitehaven Beach after a hearty breakfast. After a few hours soaking up the scenery and exploring Whitehaven Beach, it's back on board for lunch as we sail to our next snorkelling location. Normally we visit two different island coral reefs on the second afternoon and/or a bushwalk taking in some spectacular island scenery. Afternoon tea/coffee and cakes are served between snorkelling locations. Italian feast for dinner!
Day 3: Morning Snorkel, return sail home
Early morning snorkel/swim followed by a hearty breakfast. Sail back to Airlie Beach - participate in the sailing - hoist the sails, take the helm, even if only for the memorable photos. Return to Airlie Beach by 11.30 am.
Fraser Island - Departing Daily
- All tours depart from Freedom Hostels, 20 Spectrum Street, Rainbow Beach, Queensland 4581
- Must attend a safety meeting the day before at 5pm in Freedom Hostels Bar.
- Customers must be present no later than 7am on the morning of departure.
- Departs: Wed, Fri and Sun - 2:00PM
- Returns: Fri, Sun and Tues - 11:30AM
- Optional sleeping bag hire for Fraser Island $15
- BYO alcohol for both tours