- Professional guide
- Travel in an air-conditioned 4WD vehicle (17 pax maximum)
- All meals (as listed on itineraries)
- Camping equipment
- Drinking water (please provide your own bottle).
- Explore the natural beauty of Litchfield and Kakadu National Parks
- Visit ancient aboriginal art
- Take in the panoramic view from Nadab Lookout
- Score your next Instagram shot at the iconic Jim Jim Falls
- Swim at the Buley Rockhole
Day 1 - (Lunch, Dinner)
You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation at approximately 6.30am where our Top End adventure begins as we travel to the Mary River Wetlands for our cruise. This region is home to over 250 bird species and has the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the Southern Hemisphere. Search for the mighty crocs who rule this waterway, buffalo, birds and other wildlife. Our entrance to Kakadu National Park is at the South Alligator River, a picturesque location for a picnic lunch. There’s the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Bowali Visitor Centre before our late afternoon arrival at Ubirr. Here you will view a wide range of ancient Aboriginal art which will be interpreted by your guide. Learn the story of the Rainbow Serpent and climb the Nadab Lookout for panoramic views over the floodplain and beyond into Arnhem Land. As the day draws to a close we head to our private campsite for dinner and our overnight stay.
Crocodile and Wildlife cruise - Bowali Visitor Centre - Ubirr
Day 2 - (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
This morning the jewels of Kakadu National Park await. After breakfast and departing camp we travel off road to the majestic Twin and Jim Jim Falls* for a day of adventure and exploration. Travelling into Twin Falls by 4WD track, a boat shuttle and finally a rocky track and boardwalk we will be rewarded by the beauty of this remote waterfall deep within Kakadu National Park. Afterwards we stay off the beaten track where a walk through monsoon forests and over boulders lead us to Jim Jim Falls. Surrounded by 150 metre cliffs, we spend some time soaking up the natural beauty of this majestic location. This afternoon we depart Kakadu National Park and travel towards Litchfield National Park where we will stop along the way at our private campsite. Tonight, enjoy a hearty meal with your fellow adventurers.
Twin and Jim Jim Falls
Day 3 - (Breakfast, Lunch)
Today is spent exploring the waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments of Litchfield National Park. Marvel at the intriguing magnetic and cathedral termite mounds and swim, hike and explore Florence and Wangi Falls*. Discover the many rock holes and cascading waterfalls of Buley Rockhole before our early evening arrival back in Darwin.
Termite mounds - Florence Falls - Wangi Falls - Buley Rochelle
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (May to October, 2016)
From central Darwin accommodation from 06.00am
5.30 pm approximately to Darwin. It is recommended that onward travel be arranged for the following day. Darwin Airport drop offs can be arranged for flights 20.00 or later however this must be stated at time of booking.
While we will do our absolute best to have you at the airport on time we will not be held liable for any flights missed due to delays. These may include, but not limited to; Traffic delays, road closures, vehicle breakdowns and accidents. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
What you need to bring:
Torch, wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and fly net (if insects bother you), water bottle (1.5 litres), walking shoes/boots, sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own and not hire one*), toiletries, towel, swimwear, camera, comfortable and casual clothing for three days.
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- This trip is not suitable for pax under the age of 18. The general demographic of this tour is 18 to 35. Pax outside of this age bracket should book the 3 Day 4WD Dragonfly Dreaming Safari
- Please be dressed in comfortable walking clothing and footwear, have a water bottle, hat and sunscreen in easy reach.
- Luggage limit is 10kg per person in a soft bag. Remaining luggage can be stored at your Darwin accommodation
- Participants should have a good to moderate fitness level for this tour and be aware that walks often take place over uneven ground. Customers need to prepare for hot temperatures during the day
- Tents are on a twin-share basis with single customers sharing with another person of the same gender
- *Sleeping bag hire is a $30 local payment. Must be pre-booked
- National Park fee local payment of $52.50 due on departure.