- Overland touring experience from Adelaide to Melbourne
- Grampians National Park hikes the Pinnacles trails
- Beautiful MacKenzie Falls and views from The Balconies & Boroka lookout
- Explore Tower Hill Conservation Reserve, rich in Aboriginal culture & pristine nature
- Australia wildlife sightings - kangaroos, koalas, and emus
- Journey along the National Heritage listed Great Ocean Road
- Visit the iconic rock formations of the 12 Apostles
- Discover the hidden beach at Loch Ard Gorge & iconic London Bridge
- Take a stroll in the Great Otway National Park & ancient rainforest
- Photo opportunity at the historic Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch
- One-way transfer from Adelaide to Melbourne
- 2 Nights’ hostel dormitory accommodation - with shared facilities (Halls Gap, Warrnambool)
- Includes: 2 x Breakfast, 1 x Dinner
- All National Park pass entry fees
- Guided bush walks (~6.5km, subject to fitness level)
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- Hosted by an experienced driver-guide
- Air-conditioned small group travel
- Comprehensive local tour commentary
- Selected Melbourne inner-city pick-up/drop-off point in Adelaide city
- Breakfast : Some
- Dinner : Some
Day 1: Adelaide to Grampians National Park
Depart the city through the Adelaide Hills en route to the Grampians National Park. Travelling through the western plains of Victoria, watch as the mountain range slowly grows on approach. Hike to the base of Mackenzie Falls and explore other famed lookouts of The Balconies and Boroka Lookout before checking in for the night in the heart of the Grampians; Halls Gap. Meals: Dinner. Accom: Grampians Eco YHA Shared Dorm (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Driving Distance: 510km. Hike Distance: 2km.
Meals : Breakfast, Dinner
Day 2: Grampians National Park to Great Ocean Road
Start the day with a hike up to the iconic Pinnacle lookout with an amazing view over the Grampians. Later, visit the Tower Hill Conservation Reserve, an extinct volcano, rich in Aboriginal history and an abundance of wildlife. Finish the day with time to relax in the town of Warrnambool, before coming together for a group dinner and at a local hotspot. (dinner and beverages at guests' own expense). Meals: Breakfast. Accom: Downtown Motel Shared Dorm Rooms (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Driving Distance: 190km. Hike Distance: 4.5km.
Meals : Breakfast
Day 3: Great Ocean Road to Melbourne
The last day is a journey along the historic Great Ocean Road. Beginning with the highlights of the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge & London Bridge. Embark on a guided rainforest walk before lunch in the popular seaside town of Apollo Bay. Follow the road to its end as it twists and turns with stops at Memorial Arch and a famous surf beach or two. Arriving in Melbourne in the evening. Meals: Breakfast. Accom: N/A. Driving Distance: 360km.
Meals : None
Departs: Wed (Apr-Oct) / Wed, Sun (Nov-Mar)
Pick Up: The main meeting point for this tour will be at Adelaide Central YHA - 135 Waymouth St, Adelaide at 6:45am.
Returns: The group will arrive in Melbourne city at around 17:30pm.
What to Bring
1L refillable water bottle
Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen
Towel & toiletries
Comfortable walking shoes (tread closed-toe shoes)
All weather comfortable clothing
Raincoat, windbreaker, warm clothes in the evening
Overnight bag 25kg & small day pack 5-7kg
Flashlight, headlamp or torch
Money for snack and meals
Camera to capture every moment!
Any meals not indicated within the itinerary - plenty of opportunity will be provided to purchase food along the way or dine out with the group
Hotel transfers pre/post tour itinerary to a nominated pickup point.
Travel insurance is highly recommended