- Venture across the whole of magical Fraser Island in self-drive 4x4s in a group of fun, adventurous travellers
- Visit's to the beautiful Lake McKenzie, Eli Creek, and Champagne Pools
- Hike Indian Head to be rewarded with stunning views of the Pacific
- Sleep beneath the stars in a private, exclusive campsite with your group
- Relax in Eli Creek and explore the ancient rainforests
- All your food for Fraser Island
- Fuel for 4x4s all camping equipment (optional sleeping bag costs $10)
- All camping permits, national park, and vehicle permits
- Return ferry transfer
- 4WD driver training on the beach
- All 4x4s have iPod / MP3 adaptor cables
- 4x4s escorted onto ferry
- Luggage storage and safety deposit
Attend a tour briefing at 4:30pm on the day before your adventure: The comprehensive will provide information to prepare you for this exciting journey. Here you will be placed into groups and have the opportunity to organise sleeping bag hire and special dietary requirements if required. You will also be taught how to drive safely on Fraser Island ready for your big adventure!
You begin with a morning brief at Dingos Resort, where you will cover the following: Pack cars, check equipment, Dingo’s safety, and driver briefing. At 9.30am, depart for Fraser Island. Drive approximately 10 minutes to the barge (ferry) and board for your 10 minute barge crossing. Once you have arrived on the world's biggest sand island, drive for 1 hour to the Eurong resort along 75 Mile beach. Fraser Island's own highway with speed limits! There you can grab a coffee and chocolate croissant (own cost) for morning tea. From here is when the big adventure begins as we drive to the famous Lake McKenzie, arguably the most popular and picturesque highlight of Fraser! Here you'll stop for some lunch, and for some quality time to have a play in the amazing clear waters with your new found friends! Around 3pm, drive up the beach to your campsite, for an early dinner and some well deserved drinks and fun!
In the morning for a quick breakfast before beginning your busiest day on Fraser Island and head off to see Eli creek, a beautifully clear creek perfect for a relaxing swim. Travelling north, stop at Maheno shipwreck for some photos and short history lesson about this famous Fraser Island icon. Shortly after, travel up to Indian head, Fraser Island's highest point. From here you may be lucky enough to see whales and sharks in the ocean, before you travel to Champagne pools for a dip! You can have lunch at either Maheno shipwreck or Champagne pools on Day 2 depending on time constraints, safety, and beauty! In the afternoon, travel back to camp for dinner and drinks.
Start with breakfast, before your cleaning and take down of your camp site. You will then drive to the beginning of the Lake Wabby walk, where you'll walk through the sand dunes to this tropical paradise! Lunch follows your trip to Lake Wabby, before you begin your drive down the beach heading back to the barge. Once back on the mainland, head back to the 4WD shed where you unpack and quickly clean the cars. You will return to Dingos Resort between 3pm and 4pm.
* Itineraries are likely to change due to tides and weather conditions
Departs: Daily (except December 23rd/25th/30th and 1st Jan)
20 Spectrum Street, Rainbow Beach, Queensland 4581
- Passengers must attend an orientation meeting the day before departure at 4:00pm in Dingos Resort
- Cancellations and changes are NOT permitted within 72 hours of arrival date at Dingos.
- ALL DRIVERS MUST BE 21 or over with a FULL manual license. You must have held this license for a minimum of 1 year and you must have the license with you. If you don not meet these requirements you may still travel on the tour but will not be able to drive.
When making an online booking, please select the start date of the tour on the calendar. If you are booking the Tour + 2 Nights accommodation, we will automatically book your accommodation for 1 night before the tour and 1 night after. If you are booking the Tour + 3 Nights accommodation, we will normally book you 2 nights before the tour and 1 night after. However, if you want 1 night before and 2 nights after, you can let us know in the "Notes about this booking" section that you will find at the checkout. If you have any questions about this, please send us an Enquiry and we will help you out!
Private Vehicle Hire:
Want to do your own thing and pick your own itinerary? Why not check out our Private 4WD vehicle hire options where you can be in charge!
Optional Extras: $10 sleeping bag hire, Alcohol at own expense.
Compulsory: $15 local levy fee to be paid on arrival