Duration: 1 Day to 5 Day hire
Maximum passengers: 5
All vehicles are all easy to drive Toyota Landcruiser 80 series wagons 4x4 automatics; the most reliable and capable beach driving vehicle around! These study and reliable vehicles are provided by Rainbow Beach's largest supplier of 4x4 vehicles to Fraser with 15 years experience in sending adventure-seeking travellers to this pristine island.
Hightlights of Fraser Island:
- Lake McKenzie (swim in crystal clear water and sunbath in the softest sand)
- Indian Head (look out for spotting turtles, sharks, rays, dolphins and whales in season)
- Champagne Pools (sparkle in a refreshing natural sea pool)
- Maheno Shipwreck (take your picture with the world famous ship wreck)
- Eli Creek (drift down the fresh water creek through lushy rainforest)
- Lake Wabby (climb the sand dune to roll into Lake Wabby)
- Pinnacles (coloured sands right at 75 mile beach)
- Vehicle access permits
- Vehicles which are safe & easy to drive and allow all of your gear to be locked inside the vehicle while exploring Fraser Island
- 80 Series Landcruisers for 5pax
- Informative safety video to be watched before going on the island @ Dingos Hostel
- $120 barge cost per vehicle
- Camping permit on Fraser Island.
*Please note that hire does not include consumable (food/fuel etc.)
Introduction to Fraser 4x4
Every 4x4 hire will begin their adventure by watching a DVD of Fraser Island supplied by National Parks that includes beach driving trips for first-timers, camping and safety information including a section on dingo behaviour. A beach driver training session on Rainbow Beach will then follow to make sure you are fully prepared to have the best time possible in this stunning landscape. Lastly, your itinerary will be outlined on a map along with safe beach driving times so you are fully aware of how to safely navigate the tides and make sure you access all sites at the best times.
Your Fraser Adventure
You will commence your Fraser adventure from Rainbow Beach. The drive to the barge only takes around 10 minutes and then it is only a further 15 minute barge ride across the channel to Fraser Island. Not only is this ferry ride included, there is also every chance that you will some of the local wildlife as dolphins follow in the wake of the ferry. The barge will transport you straight onto the east coast off the Island.
Now fully equipped with all the nessacary information, the day is yours to explore this amazing coastal landscape. Multi day hire will comfortably get you to the main highlights such as the aqua shores of Lake McKenzie and even as far up as Eli Creek and the famous Fraser Island shipwreck with more days will bringing wildlife spotting at Indian Head, lounging in the sparking waters of the Champagne Pools, a visit to Lake Wabby and Lake Allom and so much more!
Returning Your Vehicle
All cars are detailed inside and out on every return and then checked in accordance with Motor Transport regulations in our professional workshop with a pre departure report ready to return to the Island to ensure pristine vehicle conditions to maximise your experience on Fraser Island.
An optional camping pack is also available as an add-on to your Fraser Island 4x4 hire.
- 2 person dome tents
- Sleeping mat and sleeping bag
- 20 litre water container
- Tables and chairs
- 2 burner gas cookers and gas bottles
- 48 litre ice box
- Cooking equipment, utensils/cutlery, plates, cups ect
- Cooking oils, sauces, dishwashing liquid
- Cable for iPod
Fraser 4x4 Hire departs and ends in Rainbow Beach - Frasers on Rainbow, 18 Spectrum Street, shortest barge ride to Fraser Island.
Please note that all customers must attend the compulsory safety briefing at Frasers on Rainbow in the private hire office prior to picking up their vehicle. A non-attendance at this briefing will result in the cancellation of your booking.
*Please note that you must be a minimum of 21 years old with an OPEN LICENSE to hire
- Credit card security bond required $2000
- Refuel when returning from Fraser Island in Rainbow Beach
- Optional camping pack
- CAMPING PACK incl. table, esky, water bottle, cooker, sleeping bags, plates, cutlery can be purchased for an extra $100.