When you visit the land of Middle-earth you can't help but go full nerd over the abundance of LOTR locations available.
- Visit the famous Hobbiton Woods where famous scenes
- Get nerdy some authentic props and costumes
- Discover the studios of Miramar- home of NZ's 'Hollywood'
- Visit the famous Weta Cave
- Transportation and pick up services from Wellington
- Entry into various film locations and studios
- Knowledgable guide to offer key insights and behind the scenes stories
Start by going for a walk in the woods to visit the "Hobbiton Woods". You'll see where famous scenes were shot including "Frodo Tree", "Shortcut to Mushrooms", "Get off the Road!", "Race to the Ferry".
Next, view the scenes on location, hear behind-the-scenes stories and be provided with some props for crazy pictures (cringe worthy yes, but oh so worth it).
Discover Miramar, home of the studios. You will see Stone Street Studios - home of many famous movies such as The Hobbit, Avatar, Lord of the Rings as well as the Park Road Post.
PLEASE NOTE: Entrance to the studios is prohibited to all public.
Afterwards, vist the Camperdown Studios - home of Weta Special fx. Here you will visit the Weta Cave where you can take pictures of many movie props, make purchases etc. You will also have a behind-the-scenes video shown as part of your visit.
Pickups are from 2:30pm.
- Bunny Street - outside McDonalds restaurant and Downtown Backpackers.
- Wakefield Street - outside Wellington i-SITE and Nomads Capital.
- Cambridge Terrace - outside xBase Backpackers.
- Cambridge Terrace - at the Wellington YHA.