- Experience travel like never before in a luxury glass-roofed bus
- Pass stunning NZ scenery en route such as Lake Wakatipu and the rolling countryside to Manapouri
- Cruise across the crystal waters of Lake Manapouri
- Cross the alpine route of Wilmot Pass through some of Fiordland’s most dense rainforest
- Three hour cruise exploring the waterways of this serene and isolated fiord
- Complimentary refreshments
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- All transportation as per itinerary
- AN on board nature guide with specialist knowledge on the area
Coach Queenstown to Manapouri.
Connect with boat to cross Lake Manapouri.
Coach over Wilmot Pass.
Board vessel for 3hr cruise of Doubtful Sound.
Return via same route.
On boarding a luxury glass-roofed coach in Queenstown, travel along the shores of Lake Wakatipu and through the rolling countryside to Manapouri. Then cruise across the crystal waters of Lake Manapouri to West Arm before boarding a coach and crossing the alpine route of Wilmot Pass through some of Fiordland’s most dense rainforest. On reaching Deep Cove, board a modern catamaran vessel, the Patea Explorer for a three hour cruise exploring the waterways of this serene and isolated fiord. There is plenty of time available to explore points of interest and view the spectacular alpine scenery including waterfalls, rainforest and mountains all the way out to the Tasman Sea. It is home to bottlenose dolphins and fur seals and when in season, the rare Fiordland crested penguin. An on board nature guide with specialist knowledge of the region’s history, flora and fauna provides detailed interpretation in English with a roving microphone. On the return cruise, the vessel’s engines are turned off and visitors are treated to the ‘sound of silence’. There is also the opportunity to visit the Manapouri Power Station by coach before returning to Queenstown. Lunch options and complimentary tea and coffee are available on the vessel.
Departs: Real Journeys Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, Queenstown. Real Journeys coaches or taxis pick up from most accommodation in Queenstown.
7.15am - 8.15pm, Oct- Apr
6.55am - 7.45pm, May - Sept
Lunch Options Available (pre-ordered at least 24hrs prior to departure).
(Vegetarian options also available, please advise when booking)