Tandem skydiving is the fastest, easiest and safest way for an inexperienced skydiver to enjoy the thrill of jumping out of a plane, free falling through the sky at 200kph/120mph and floating safely to the ground under a parachute. The system includes a harness and parachute system for both the passenger and the instructor to share, so you can simply enjoy the thrill of the experience knowing your instructor has everything under control. Experience all the most scenic and spectacular parts of New Zealand from above; right next to New Zealand's highest mountain peaks including 12,316 ft Aoraki/Mount Cook!
- Experience the adrenaline rush of a lifetime
- Soak in the stunning views of New Zealand from a whole new angle
- The world highest skydive in Winter and NZ's highest in Summer
- All high quality equipment provided
- A professional tandem skydiver to guide you through the process
- A minimum of 50 seconds free fall
Meet at the store 30 minutes prior to booking time. The airfield is only 5 minutes drive from town, and generally your trip will take around 2 - 3 hours total.
- 13,000 ft = 50 seconds freefall + 5 minute parachute ride under the canopy.
- 16,000ft = 65 seconds freefall + 5 minute parachute ride under the canopy.
- 19,000ft (highest skydive in the Southern Hemisphere) = 80 seconds freefall + 5 minute parachute ride under the canopy.
Summer OR Winter
Departure from the office on the main road of Franz Josef village 30 minutes prior to booking time.
20 Main Rd, Franz Josef Glacier 7886, New Zealand
Instructorcam, Photos Only - Up close photos (between 40/60) taken by your tandem-master - (available all year round) 120.00NZD
Instructorcam, Photos & Video - Up close photos & filming by your tandem-master - (available all year round) 150.00NZD
Personal Photographer, Photos Only - Between 40/60 top quality photos from another person's perspective (available summer only!) 169.00NZD
Personal Photographer, Photos & Video - Photos & filming taken from another person's perspective - (available summer only!) 199.00NZD
Best of Both Worlds - The full package including all of the above - (available summer only) 259.00NZD
All skydives operate subject to suitable weather conditions. Full refund available from point of purchase if Skydive Franz cancels a trip due to weather conditions. Customers who cancel their skydive within 24 hours of booked time will incur a 50% cancellation fee. Customers who do not show up at check-in time will incur a 100% cancellation fee.