- Visit amazing Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout
- Enjoy hanging out with a drink as you watch the sun set over the horizon on huge deck space
- Have the option to sleep under the stars on the deck in the middle of the Whitsundays
- As a stable catamaran Tongarra is ideal for passengers concerned about seasickness
- Enjoy a flexible schedule which can be adjusted to passenger preferences
- Hang out with an experienced, fun crew who will ensure your Whitsudnays experience is absolutely amazing
- Snorkel the best locations in the Whitsundays
- Fresh clean Linen
- Free use of snorkelling equipment
- All meals plus morning and afternoon snacks
- Tea and coffee
- We provide the eskies and you provide the ice
- Learn to sail and snorkel
Departing from Abell Point Marina Tongarra heads towards Tongue Bay, sailing through Hook Passage for a stunning close up view of Hook Island and Whitsunday Island.
As the sun sets over the ocean, the crew will serve you up a delicious dinner of fish and coleslaw on a bed of mash potato with tiger bread. After a few drinks and a chance to get to know your fellow passengers, you have the choice of sleeping either inside the boat or out on the deck should you prefer to sleep outside under the starts.
After a yummy continental breakfast and fruit salad the crew will take you by tender to the Hill Inlet Lookout walking trail. The walk meanders through the forest for about 20 minutes before finishing at the spectacular Hill Inlet Lookout! Spend half an hour taking selfies with the swirling sands of Whitehaven beach in the background before heading down to the amazing Whitehaven Beach. Keep an eye out for baby sharks and stingrays hiding in the shallows!
After a couple of hours on the beach the crew will come and collect you for lunch. A spread of salads and cold cut meats to build into your own sandwich, roll or wraps.
After lunch the Tongarra will sail north to Mantaray Bay, so it’s time to relax on the deck and soak up the tropical sun.
Arriving at Mantaray Bay the crew will give you a lesson on snorkelling before you plunge into the crystal clear waters to meet your many new friends! Here you will be surrounded by hundreds of different colourful fish and even get to meet the big Maori Wrasse called George.
The crew will sail towardd the next destination at Caves Cove. Then it’s time for some chill out tunes and a beautiful sunset as you nibble on your afternoon snacks, have a few drinks and mingle with the other guests.
Dinner on the last night is a home cooked spaghetti bolognaise and garlic bread that the crew have prepared fresh for you.
After dinner the night is up to you, either party the night away or lay back and get lost in the beauty of the night sky, spot a shooting star and make a wish to spend the rest of your life doing this.
Wake up with the waves lapping against the shore in the cove and grab some breakfast before plunging into the waters once again to explore the amazing fringing reef and meet more new underwater friends.
When you are done snorkelling it’s time to hoist the sails and head back across the Whitsunday passage to Airlie Beach.
The crew will either serve up some fresh made hotdogs (Winter) or a fresh fruit platter (Summer) for you to snack on as you glide across the water on the way home.
Departs: Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 2pm
Returns: Wednesdays, Saturdays and Mondays at 12.30pm
Please be advised a $15pp holiday surcharge for 24th and 31st December departures applies.
- BREAKFAST: Fresh breads, selection of honey, peanut butter, vegemite, jams, fresh fruit platter, muesli or cornflakes and tea or coffee
- LUNCH: Cold meats, cheese, tuna salad, garden salad, fresh bread/rolls/wraps
- DINNER: First Night: Herbed BBQ white fish on a bed of mashed potato served with coleslaw and Australian damper
- DINNER: Second Night: Tasty spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread
- SNACKS: Fresh fruit, biscuits, cake selection, chips & dips.
Dietary Requirements: Please note we will substitute all main meals free of charge however we suggest those sufering from celiac disease supply their own snacks.