- Join a awesome 4x4 tag along tour and experience the magic of Fraser Island! Travel in self driven 4x4’s to Lake McKenzie, the Champagne Pools, Indian Head and much more
- Camp beneath the stars on Fraser Island just meters from the beach
- Sail through the Whitsundays on an award-winning sailboat stopping off at incredible snorkelling locations and stunning Whitehaven Beach
- Take in all the excitement of epic East Coast towns like Rainbow Beach, Airlie Beach and Cairns
- 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners
- 4 nights in a hostel, 2 nights camping, 1 night overnight bus, 1 night sail boat
- 2 nights at a Rainbow Beach Hostel
- 3 day/2 night Fraser Island Tag Along Safari
- 2 nights in a Airlie Beach hostel
- 2 day/1 night Whitsundays sailing trip
**Please note that this package is designed to work in conjunction with an East Coast bus pass. We can help you arrange your epic East Coast adventure inclusive of transport so you don't have to worry about a thing with our range of flexible travel passes including Premier, Greyhound and Loka. Drop us a line to find out how.
Day 1: Brisbane - Rainbow Beach
Spend your day exploring the vibrant city of Brisbane before boarding your bus to the dreamy East Coast town of Rainbow Beach from the Roma Street Transit Centre at 2pm. The bus will drop you right outside your Rainbow Beach hostel at 7pm where you will check in for a night before setting out to explore the town!
- 1 night Rainbow Beach hostel accomodation
Days 2, 3 and 4: Fraser Island
Today you will set out on an unforgettable trip of a lifetime on magical Fraser Island. Your awesome 4x4 tag along tour is world renowned and the ultimate way to discover Fraser Island. The next 3 days are spent in a tour group of young adventurous backpackers driving 4x4’s along the beach to swim through crystal clear Lake McKenzie, dive into the Champagne Pools float down Eli Creek. Hike Indian Head to take in 360 degree views of the island, stop off at world renowned icons like Maheno Shipwreck and trek through the tranquil, ancient rainforests. Nights will be spent with your group telling tales beneath the stars in your own private campsite, just metres from the beach. What better way to experience with gem of a location? Return to Rainbow Beach via ferry late on the last day for a farewell gathering and one more night.
- 3 day 4x4 Fraser Island Tour
- 2 nights camp accommodation
- Day 1 - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 2 - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 3 - Breakfast, Lunch
Day 5: Rainbow Beach - Airlie Beach
Enjoy a relaxing day to kick back and recover from your Fraser Island adventure before boarding your overnight bus to Airlie Beach at 7pm from outside your hostel.
- 3 hour surf lesson - $65pp
- 14,000ft Skydive - $369pp
Day 6: Airlie Beach
Arrive at tropical Airlie Beach around 9:30am and check into your hostel for 1 night and set out to explore this awesome coastal town. Head down to the town lagoon to relax before your Whitsundays adventure ahead.
- 1 night Airlie Beach hostel accomodation
- 14,000ft Skydive - $334pp
- 60 min scenic flight- $219pp
- Jetboat - $69pp
Days 7 and 8: Whitsunday Sailing
The day has arrived! Today you will begin to sail through the spectacular Whitsundays on a small catamaran ideal for backpackers and adventurous travellers! The next three days will be action packed with snorkelling stunning reefs like Blue Pearl Bay and Mantaray Bay with of course, a stop off on stunning Whitehaven Beach. Meet young, fun travellers, enjoy a flexible schedule and sleep under the stars if you wish! Arrive back in Airlie Beach in the afternoon on day 10 for one more night in Airlie Beach.
- 2 day/1 night Whitsunday Sailing tour
- 1 night sail boat accommodation
- 1 night hostel accomodation
- Day 1 - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 2 - Breakfast, Lunch
Day 9: Airlie Beach - Cairns
Check out of your Airlie Beach accommodation and board your 9:30 from the Bus Terminal at the Port of Airlie for your bus to the next destination. Arrive at Cairns Central Railway Station at 7:30pm and check out all this awesome town has to offer.
- Cairns accommodation - $24 per night
- Great Barrier Reef trip inc dive - $249pp
- Cape Tribulation - $159pp
**Please note that this package is designed to work in junction with an East Coast bus pass and transportation times quoted above refer only to the Transport Included package. Already got a set of wheels? No worries! You can also purchase this package without transport. If you have any questions, drop us a line.
This package can depart Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Roma Street Transit Centre Brisbane: 2pm
Cairns Central Railway Station: 7:30pm
- Please note that this package includes dorm hostel accommodation however you are able to upgrade to private accommodation (Fraser Island is camping in your own tent) for $$74 pp (based on 2 people travelling).
- Apart from the $10 levy for Fraser Island which needs to be paid directly on the day of travel, there are no other compulsory extra costs for this package. Please be advised that the price advertised includes this levy but when you proceed to checkout, the price you pay does not include the levy. There is also an optional $10 sleeping bag hire on Fraser Island.
- Please note, surcharges may apply to holiday periods, Christmas and New Years.
- Extra accomodation can be purchased for the following fees:
-Extra Brisbane accommodaiton $18 per night
-Extra airlie beach accommodation $30 per night
-Cairns accommodation $24 per night
Love this package but have some questions? No worries! Here is a list of some of the most frequently asked questions about our packages. Don't see yours here? Contact Us to find out more.
- Can I make changes to the package?
It is no problem to customize your package to suit your travel plans by adding/removing anything that you wish. If you wish to make changes, please contact one of our online staff who will be more than happy to assist you by providing you with an updated itinerary/package inclusions/price.
- Is this a guided trip?
- How much should I budget for spending money?
- Do I have to choose exact dates?
- Do I have to pay upfront for this tour or can I pay a deposit/in instalments?
- Is it possible to cater for specific dietary requirements?