Please note: As a result of the impact of the COVID-19 virus, our cancellation policies have been altered. Click here for details.
Your travel has been booked on the basis of the following terms and conditions.
Each Service Provider may have their own terms & conditions applying to your travel. It is important that you read the relevant & corresponding brochure for each of your bookings in order to understand all applicable terms & conditions. If you require additional information to that contained in the brochure then we recommend that you contact the Service Provider for further clarification.
Your responsibilities: Open tickets: You must book your travel dates in advance with the individual Service Provider as per details provided on your voucher.
Tickets with booked dates: It is your responsibility to ensure you redeem your tickets on the dates booked. If you wish to change these dates you must organise it with the Service Provider directly, with adequate notice You must reconfirm all booked dates 48 hours prior to travel (minimum guide only) or in the manner stated on your voucher. If applicable, dietary requirements should also be confirmed at this time.
CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS
Credit card fees, and additional fees paid to us for deposits of accommodation, transport and luggage storage are not transferable or refundable. Please note that deposits on bookings are also non-refundable, but may be used as online credit towards future bookings. If you cancel your travel, you must pay us a fee of 50% of the value of the travel that was booked on your behalf and cancelled (“Cancellation Fee”). In addition, if a Service Provider charges us for the cancelled travel you must also pay us the amount that we are charged on your behalf by the Service Provider. It is, therefore, possible your cancellation fees could be up to 100% of the cost of the booking, regardless of whether travel has commenced (for example cancellations made within 24hrs of travel or certain flight bookings). The Cancellation Fee will apply in all cases where a tour is able to run. For example, if you are unable to reach a tour due to an "act of God" (for example a road is cut off due to flooding) the normal Cancellation Fee will apply if the tour still runs in your absence or would have run but for your absence. If a tour or other travel service is cancelled by the Service Provider, we will refund you the amount paid for the tour or other travel service less a 20% administration fee (“Admin Fee”). This full refund minus admin fee is subject to a fully refundable amount being given to Peterpans from the supplier who is cancelling. We highlight here that all suppliers have different cancellation terms, and is on a case by case basis.
All refunds will occur in the local currency and will be refunded to the same card that payment was made with. If your credit card uses a different currency, the amount refunded may be different from the original amount paid due to exchange rate fluctuations. Peterpans Adventure Travel is not liable for these fluctuations, or any fees your bank charges.
Please note that in the case of Natural Disasters (eg flood, fire, cyclone, etc) many service providers do not offer any refund, hence we cannot provide a refund to you. We strongly recommend Travel Insurance to cover this situation. The 20% Admin Fee does not apply to: Dive Courses where you fail a Dive Medical test; or Skydives cancelled by the Service Provider within 3 days of booking due to weather, and a full refund will apply. Where a refund or other payment applies, you may choose to transfer the whole cost of the tour to another tour. However, we may charge you a transfer fee of $30. Whilst we normally attempt to process refunds swiftly, situations (such as natural disasters) may result in up to 12 weeks processing time, due to high volume. By purchasing a cancellation insurance policy at the time of entry into these terms and conditions you can reduce all risk of being subject to various fees and unexpected costs as a result of unforeseen circumstances and changes. You in some cases can claim up to 100% of the associated costs/ fees incurred through the insurance provider, dependent on the terms of policy purchased. Cancellation Fee’s can vary from 20% to 100% for tour and bus bookings.
Please act responsibly and with respect on your travels. All service providers reserve the right to cancel bookings based on recommendation from another provider due to misconduct/misbehaviour during another stage of their trip. Peterpans will treat this as any normal cancellation and charge a 50% cancellation fee, plus any service provider fees.
We endorse the recommendation of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade that all travellers take out travel insurance. It is your personal responsibility to purchase your own travel insurance to cover any liability which may be incurred to us or a Service Provider and other travel misadventures that you wish to be insured against. We recommend that you source travel insurance with a low excess payment, to make claiming on cancelled tours worthwhile.
We endeavour to package tours that will meet your expectations. However, we take no responsibility for any matters that arise with regard to or during individual tours or arrangements with individual Service Provider. We appreciate your feedback, whether complaints, compliments or suggestions. However, to the extent permitted by law we will not be responsible to you for any loss, expense or damage that you may suffer during any particular tour, accommodation or travel, no matter the cause. These matters are the responsibility of each individual Service Provider and you agree that you will not hold us liable in any such circumstance.
The inclusions, departure details & itinerary points of each tour & activity listed on Peterpans.com are current as of the last product update. Peterpans endeavour to reflect up-to-date information on all website pages, but will not be held accountable for changes from suppliers which are yet to be reflected on site. Upon booking we ask that you review details listed in your vouchers and tickets as these will be the most reliable.
We endeavour to package the best value tours available at the best prices. However, we take no responsibility for price fluctuations arising from changes in the prices charged by Service Providers occurring before final payment. Accordingly, the price of your travel is subject to change until such time as you pay for the travel in full.
Many tours have extra costs and you should be aware that there may be added expenses. These expenses will differ for each Service Provider but some of the more usual extras are: EMC Tax, Stinger suit Hire, Luggage storage, Sleeping Bag Hire, Linen Hire, National Park Fee, Food, Insurance, Accommodation, Equipment Hire, Petrol Levy. We will alert you to extra costs to the extent reasonably practicable. However, you must also check with each individual Service Provider when you confirm your ticket.
PASSPORT & VISAS
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility. All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and many countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine-readable passport. Transfers between tours may incur a $30 administration fee.
Peterpans Australian East Coast Activities Price Beat Guarantee – Terms and Conditions
1. Our Australian East Coast Activities Price Beat Guarantee means that we will beat the price of any Australian East Coast activities package advertised by another travel agency by 5% provided that these terms and conditions are complied with. It only applies for packages on the East Coast of Australia that are provided by the same operator and are offered for sale by Peterpans and another qualifying travel agency.
2. The Australian East Coast Activities Price Beat Guarantee applies to all Australian East Coast activities packages featured in-store or on the Peterpans website. It excludes any Australian East Coast flights or accommodation that are not included as part of an Australian East Coast activities package. The Australian East Coast Activities Price Beat Guarantee must be claimed in person, in store or by phone, and cannot be redeemed for purchases online at www.peterpans.com.
3. The Australian East Coast Activities Price Beat Guarantee applies only to the publicly advertised price of, or a publicly available generic quotation for, an Australian East Coast activities package published by a retail store, website or call centre of a travel agency incorporated and registered within Australia or New Zealand, but not any negotiated or bespoke quotation of any such travel agency. All prices must be in Australian or New Zealand dollars and tickets issued via Australian IATA agencies only (IATA number and ABN or ACN must be displayed) (“Qualifying Quote”).
4. If you find a cheaper price for an Australian East Coast activities package at another qualifying travel agent and you wish to access the Australian East Coast Activities Price Beat Guarantee, then you must provide a full copy of the Qualifying Quote on headed paper. If presenting an online quote, a current screenshot of the webpage at the final payment stage must be provided with the current quote date included on the screenshot.
5.The Qualifying Quote must match in all material aspects including, without limitation:
- tour and accommodation descriptions and providers
- travel dates
- number of passengers
- full price breakdown including all fees and charges
- availability of dates
- booking type
- board basis
- inclusions, exclusions and restrictions listed, and
- supplier & agent terms & conditions
6. The Qualifying Quote must be valid and be capable of being accepted unconditionally. It must include the full-payment date, or ticketing deadline, including without limitation date and time, which must not have passed. The Australian East Coast Activities Price Beat Guarantee will be valid against the initial Qualifying Quote only and not any revised or negotiated version. We will not enter into an ongoing price negotiation.
7. To access the Australian East Coast Activities Price Beat Guarantee you must provide the Qualifying Quote at the start of your consultation either in person upon visiting a Peterpans store or over the phone by calling our call centre on 1800 669 424 or 0800545636. Email requests cannot be accepted unless following a phone or store visit enquiry. For telephone enquiries you can email the quote to your travel consultant.
8. Where we believe there to be an erroneous fare displayed by a competitor or that the price offered is no longer available to book, we have 1 (one) full business day to investigate the pricing. If we establish that the Qualifying Quote does not satisfy these terms and conditions you will be offered the best available Peterpans price for the relevant Australian East Coast activities package without any further deduction.
10. For quotes from Australian or New Zealand registered online travel agents, if a Qualifying Quote is presented that meets these Australian East Coast Activities Price Beat Guarantee Terms and Conditions but we cannot match or beat the price of any included flights on the spot, then we’ll provide you with our best price available. We’ll also provide a discount voucher for the difference of the Qualifying Quote vs our quote of up to $50 per person to use toward other arrangements (accommodation/tours/ground transport/insurance) bookable by Peterpans. This voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of the initial booking, is not transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with another activities package that is subject to the Australian East Coast Activities Price Beat Guarantee.
11. Our Australian East Coast Activities Price Beat Guarantee cannot be used in conjunction with any promocode, discount or offer and it will not be applied to any existing bookings. Fares offered to closed user groups are excluded.
12. If you choose to book an Australian East Coat activities package that is priced using our Australian East Coast Activities Price Beat Guarantee then you must pay for your booking in full at the time it is made.
13. Booking, amendment and cancellation conditions will apply as per Peterpans and operator terms and conditions.