- Scenic Coastal Drive
- Explore Mossman Gorge “Wurrumbu” with traditional owners of the land
- Participate in a traditional “welcome to country” and smoking ceremony with a Kuku Yalanji tribal member.
- Swim in the cascading water and majestic pools that make Mossman Gorge such an iconic place to visit.
- Search for crocodiles and other wildlife whilst learning about the fragile ecosystem of the Daintree River on the wildlife river cruise
- Try the locally-grown organic black tea
- See for yourself where “the rainforest meets the reef”
- Kick back with the sand in your toes and watch the waves roll in and enjoy an awesome lunch as you dine on the famous Cape Tribulation Beach
- Journey into the oldest living rainforest in the world as our knowledgeable guides share with you the ecology and wonder of this World Heritage Listed Rainforest.
- Scenic views at Alexandra Range Lookout
- Take a scenic drive through this picturesque Port Douglas
- Indigenous welcome to country and smoke ceremony
- Free time at Mossman Gorge
- Wildlife cruise
- Lunch at Cape Trib Beach House
- Free time at Cape Tribulation Beach
- Guided rainforest walk
- Optional ice cream stop (At own cost)
- Alexandria Lookout
- Daintree River Ferry crossing
- Port Douglas
Your action-packed Cape Tribulation full-day tour begins with the beautiful scenic drive along the coastline north of Cairns, past Port Douglas and through the small township of Mossman heading towards the Daintree National Park. Our experienced guides will inform you of the amazing diversity you will see when entering this 130 million-year-old rainforest.
Our first stop is at Mossman Gorge “Wurrumbu” where you will be met by the traditional owners of the land you are about to explore. Here you will participate in a traditional “welcome to country” and smoking ceremony with a Kuku Yalanji tribal member. Followed by a quick breakfast stop (at your own cost) before heading to Mosman Gorge for a refreshing swim in the cascading water and majestic pools that make Mossman Gorge such an iconic place to visit.
Heading North on the other side of the river where the road narrows as we pass through some of the world’s oldest living rainforests. Our highly trained guides will give expert rainforest interpretation during a 45-minute guided walk at the Marrdja boardwalk. Be amazed at the huge diversity you will encounter, everything from low-lying ferns and shrubs to the massive rainforest canopy and even mangrove ecosystems all in one short easy walk.
A short drive further north and we arrive at Cape Tribulation Beach where you can kick back with the sand in your toes and watch the waves roll in and enjoy an awesome lunch as you dine on the famous Cape Tribulation Beach followed by a relaxing walk along the beach. On our return trip, we have an (optional stop – time permitting) at the Floravilla biodynamic Ice Cream Company featuring a minimum of 26 exotic fruits and traditional flavours. Then for a great photo opportunity at the Alexandra Range Lookout before boarding the Wildlife River Cruise which is a great opportunity to search for crocodiles and other wildlife whilst learning about the fragile ecosystem of the Daintree River. Then a scenic drive through the majestic beachside village of Port Douglas. If time permits we will stop at the Rex Lookout (optional stop). Returning to Cairns after an incredible day exploring Tropical North Queensland at approx. 7.00 pm
Departs: approx 7:30 am from Cairns, 8.55 am from Port Douglas
Returns: approx 7:00 pm
Pickups: Includes pick-up from accommodation
- If pick up is in Port Douglas, then drop off is in Port Douglas
- If pick up is in Cairns, then drop off will be in Cairns
Closed on Christmas day!
What to bring
- Change of clothes
- Cash (no cards available on the trip)
- Comfy footwear (Thongs are acceptable)
- Something warm for the bus ride
- Small day bag (Large bags cannot be taken on the bus)
OPTION TO UPGRADE TO OVERNIGHT STAY, contact one of our friendly staff members.