- Join an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Guide on a walk around the base of Uluru.
- This trip provides you with the best guides in the business who know the Australian outback like the back of their hand
- Wander through the iconic domes of Kata Tjuta, and gaze in awe at the sacred rock of Uluru
- Dine under the stars and camp within privately owned sites on the red earth of the outback
- Hike through natural amphitheatres, rocky chasms and lush oases in Kings Canyon
- Discover the spiritual importance of the outback landscape to local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities on guided nature walks
- Discover the spiritual importance of the outback landscape to local Aboriginal communities on guided nature walks - exclusive to Adventure Tours
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Experience tour guide
- Travel in all-terrain vehicle
- Accommodation: Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (2 nights)
- Activities as detailed in itinerary
- National park entry fees
Selected Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays. Joining point: Desert Gardens Hotel at Ayers Rock Resort or Airport (dependent on flight arrival time, confirm at time of booking). It is essential you advise Adventure Tours Australia or your booking agent of your flight times.
Central Alice Springs accommodation.This tour finishes on arrival in Alice Springs at around 6pm. Finishing times may be earlier during the summer months. Please take this into consideration when booking any onward travel out of Alice Springs. We cannot guarantee arriving in time to board the Ghan or any flight on this day. You will need to book an extra night of accommodation to extend your stay here, please contact our sales staff if you would like to arrange accommodation in Alice Springs after your tour.
WINTER SCHEDULE – No lunch included (2nd April 2023 - 30th September 2023)
If your flight arrives BEFORE 1:00pm your guide will meet you at the front of the Desert Gardens hotel at 1:45pm (Outback Pioneer @ 1:50pm). The Free Yulara Airport Shuttle is available from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the regular shuttle in front of the airport once you have collected your luggage. If your flight arrives between 1:00pm - 1:35 pm please meet your Adventure Tours guide at Yulara (Ayers Rock Airport) @ 14:00pm. Please do not book any flights arriving after 1:35pm as you will not be able to join trip.
SUMMER SCHEDULE – Lunch included (1st October 2023 – 6th April 2024)
If your flight arrives BEFORE 11:00am your guide will meet you at the front of the Desert Gardens hotel at 1:15pm (Outback Pioneer @ 1:20pm). The Free Yulara Airport Shuttle is available from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the regular shuttle in front of the airport once you have collected your luggage. If your flight arrives between 11:00am - 12:45pm please meet your Adventure Tours guide at Yulara (Ayers Rock Airport) @ 1:00pm. Please do not book any flights arriving after 12:45pm as you will not be able to join trip. If you are unable to find your Guide on the afternoon of day 1 at the above mentioned times and locations please contact our Operations Manager in Alice Springs: +61 8 8950 9910
What to Bring:
Sturdy walking shoes
Hat and sunscreen
Water bottle (at least 1.5 litres)
Towel and toiletries
Camera/phone and batteries or charger
Headlight or torch
A sleeping bag is required for this tour. You can bring your own or purchase one from Adventure Tours