- Spend the afternoon exploring the picturesque Katherine Gorge
- Relax with a soak in the Mataranka Thermal Pools
- Quench your thirst with a cold beer at the iconic Daly Waters Pub,
- Admire the gigantic 'Devils Marbles' granite boulders
- Professional guide
- Travel in an air-conditioned mini-bus vehicle (24 pax maximum)
- All meals (as listed on itineraries)
- Camping equipment*
- Drinking water (please provide your own bottle)
Day 1: Darwin to Katherine Gorge National Park
You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation at approximately 6.00am and then our adventure through the ‘Territory’ to Alice Springs begins. The afternoon is spent at Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park which is owned by the Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Ancient sandstone has been carved away by the Katherine River to create a deep and picturesque gorge. You may like to take a boat cruise or paddle a canoe (seasonal) through the peaceful water (both optional and additional cost) before retiring to our campsite nearby.
Meal(s) included: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Katherine Gorge to Banka Banka via Mataranka
A great start to the day is a soak in the Mataranka Thermal Pools, a lush oasis fringed by paperbark trees. No trip to the ‘Territory’ is complete without a visit to the Daly Waters Pub, an important watering hole for explorers and drovers in days gone by and now a great spot for a cold beer, a bit of history and a ‘fair dinkum Outback experience’! Our day winds to a close at historic Banka Banka Cattle Station where we camp for the night.
Meal(s) included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Banka Banka to Alice Springs
We pass through Tennant Creek and then further along the track are the Devils Marbles (Karlu Karlu) which are a collection of gigantic granite boulders magically balanced on top of one another. Later in the day we cross the Tropic of Capricorn (only 20% of the Northern Territory lays south of this point) then a short time later we arrive into Alice Springs.
Meal(s) included: Breakfast, Lunch
Departs: Darwin accommodation Saturday (plus Tuesday April to October) from 06.00am
Finishes: Alice Springs at approximately 5.30pm Day 3
Boat cruise or canoe at Katherine Gorge is an optional activity and not included in price.
Those with specific dietary requirements may need to bring food supplements and snacks. Please inform us of dietary requirements at time of booking and confirm details with reservations when reconfirming tour.
Sleeping bag hire is a $30 local payment or you can bring your own. Must be pre-booked
- Wide-brimmed hat
- Walking shoes/boots
- Swimming and/or bath towel
- Insect repellent and fly net (if insects bother you)
- Water bottle (1.5 litres)
- Sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own and not hire one)
- Comfortable and casual clothing for three days in a soft bag