- Witnessing an Uluru sunset is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Have your camera ready when taking in this spectacular sight.
- Spend two days exploring the sites of the MacDonnell Ranges, both East and West: Ormiston Gorge, Ellery Creek, Simpsons Gap and Emily Gap
- Armed with a flexible itinerary and a knowledgeable local leader, this itinerary allows you to discover the Red Centre at your own pace.
- Local Aboriginal guides will provide ample insight into their culture, history and relationship to the land. Gain insight into the ancient rock painting near the Mutitjulu Waterhole by Uluru and learn about the Arrernte people's caterpillar dreamtime story at Emily Gap.
- Admire the breathtaking formations of Kata Tjuta, which are believed to be about 500 million years old.
- Spend the evenings camping in stunning Outback settings.
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- Experience tour guide
- Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (2 nights) Bush camp (2 nights)
- Travel in all-terrain vehicle
- Activities as detailed in itinerary
- National park entry fees
Select Sundays April to November - Joining point: Desert Gardens Hotel at Ayers Rock Resort or Airport (dependent on flight arrival time, confirm at time of booking). Please note pick up times from Yulara (Ayers Rock Resort) do vary at different times of the year due to daylight savings and flight time changes. Please advise flight details at time of booking and contact us if you require further information.
WINTER SCHEDULE – No lunch included (2nd April 2023 - 30th September 2023)
If your flight arrives BEFORE 1:00pm your guide will meet you at the front of the Desert Gardens hotel at 1:45pm (Outback Pioneer @ 1:50pm). The Free Yulara Airport Shuttle is available from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the regular shuttle in front of the airport once you have collected your luggage.If your flight arrives between 1:00pm - 1:35 pm please meet your Adventure Tours guide at Yulara (Ayers Rock Airport) @ 14:00pm. Please do not book any flights arriving after 1:35pm as you will not be able to join trip.
SUMMER SCHEDULE – Lunch included (1st October 2023 – 6th April 2024)
If your flight arrives BEFORE 11:00am your guide will meet you at the front of the Desert Gardens hotel at 1:15pm (Outback Pioneer @ 1:20pm). The Free Yulara Airport Shuttle is available from the airport to the Desert Gardens Hotel. No bookings are required, just look for the regular shuttle in front of the airport once you have collected your luggage. If your flight arrives between 11:00am - 12:45pm please meet your Adventure Tours guide at Yulara (Ayers Rock Airport) @ 1:00pm. Please do not book any flights arriving after 12:45pm as you will not be able to join trip
Central Alice Springs accommodation. This tour finishes on arrival in Alice Springs at around 6pm. Finishing times may be earlier during the summer months. Please take this into consideration when booking any onward travel out of Alice Springs. We cannot guarantee arriving in time to board the Ghan or any flight on this day. You will need to book an extra night of accommodation to extend your stay here, please contact our sales staff if you would like to arrange accommodation in Alice Springs after your tour.
What to Bring:
Water bottle (at least 1.5 litres)
Sturdy walking shoes
Hat and sunscreen
Towel and toiletries
Camera/phone and batteries or charger
Headlight or torch
A sleeping bag is required for this trip. Bring your own, or pre-purchase from ATA