- Join True South Flights, the Premium Flightseeing company and experience unforgettable Milford Sound from your window seat.
- You can fly with peace of mind with our unblemished safety record, and our NZ family-owned business employs six local pilots who are eager to share their knowledge of the area.
- On this tour you will see more than Milford Sound, you'll fly through Fiordland and Mount Aspiring National Park.
- You'll get up close to glaciers and glacial lakes, valleys and waterfalls, and the Tasman sea.
- On your return your pilots will fly you back via one of NZ's tallest waterfalls— Sutherland Falls.
- Entertaining and Informative Pilot's Commentary.
- Courtesy Coach Transfer from Central Queenstown.
- ~75 minutes Scenic Flight
- An Unforgettable Experience
Day 1 : Milford Sound Scenic Over Flight
Perfect for travelers who have a limited time to explore Queenstown and the surrounds. This flight is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes, our Pilots will take you over endless panoramic views of lakes, forested river valleys, waterfalls, jagged razor backed ridge lines and snow covered peaks along the way. Snap your best pictures of Milford as we descend low over the fjord giving you the best opportunity for envy inducing pictures to show off to family and friends.
Please check in at our office 30 minutes prior to departure. We are located in the Remarkables Park Town Centre in Frankton, near Queenstown Airport, with free all-day parking. It is best to park near the New World supermarket and walk across the carpark entrance to our building on the corner of the main road (Hawthorne Drive). Please let us know if you don't have access to transport and require a pickup in our shuttle van. Courtesy Coach pick ups are approximately 45 minutes prior to departure, we will reconfirm the pick up time with you during the weather call.
What to Bring:
Your best Camera
Your biggest Smile!
Extra Costs - upgrade options:
Mt. Aspiring and Glaciers - $149pp
Extend the flight to take in an overflight of Mount Aspiring, the Snowball glaciers and the Olivine ice plateau.
Doubtful Sound Add-on - $299pp
For the ultimate Fiordland experience, add one hour of flight time through the heart of Fiordland to your journey. You will fly from Queenstown to Doubtful Sound: the largest of the thirteen sounds in Fiordland, with massive waterfalls and countless alpine lakes. From there cross eight other sounds between Doubtful Sound and Milford Sound, through the heart of the one of the largest and most unique national parks in the world. This option is more weather dependent than Milford Sound alone, but the rewards when the weather is good are fantastic.