- Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Wineglass Bay Lookout walk
- Explore Honeymoon Bay
- Cape Tourville Lighthouse Great Short Walk
- Afternoon break at Devil's Corner Winery site
- National Park entrance fee
- Professional guides & interpretative walks
- Small, friendly groups
- Hotel pick up/drop off from select locations
We depart Hobart heading east then following the coastline north. We travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our way to Freycinet National Park. Freycinet is one of Tasmania’s first National Parks, famous for its rich and stunning coastal landscapes. The pink Granite Mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and amazing walking trails. We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, this is a moderate uphill walk of around 45 minutes. Once at the top, you are rewarded with that world–famous view of Wineglass Bay and the stunning Freycinet National Park. Enjoy the moment, take in the views and let our guides help you with those sought-after photographs. The walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness. It is 1.3 km uphill, before returning downhill. For the keen walkers, you can continue the walk down to Wineglass Beach (2.5 hr return walking time). You have time on this famous beach to take a swim, relax, eat your lunch or meander along the white sands. If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then you can explore other areas of Freycinet with our tour guide. Visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, and Cape Tourville Lighthouse & it great short walk. We re-group ready for the return journey. Our final stop on the East Coast is the stunning Devil’s Corner Winery, where you will have time to take in the magnificent view. On-site, you can enjoy a wine tasting, wood-fired pizza, fresh seafood and Oysters from Freycinet Marine Farm and ice creams all available at your own expense on the day. Then it is onwards into Launceston arriving around 6.00 pm.
Departs: Every Tuesday & Thursday (year round) at our general meeting and departure point is 07.25 am at the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 20 Davey Street, Hobart.
Returns: Approx 6:00 pm in Launceston
Pickups: Hotel pickups need to be arranged via email, directly with your Tour operator. Hotel pick-ups are scheduled between 7.00 am - 7.25 am from select hotels in the central city area
- Please note meals/snacks are not included but we do offer a stop along the way in a regional town to purchase a bakery-style takeaway lunch.
What to bring
- Sensible shoes for walking
- A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
- Hat & Sunscreen
- Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure
- Bring your luggage - The tour departs Hobart and finishes in Launceston