- Travel to Milford Sound with Pure Milford on a comfortable touring coach.
- Sit back and enjoy the scenery, a wonderful commentary and a journey of a lifetime.
- This guided tour makes the two hour journey before stopping for a rest break, and to pick up those departing Te Anau.
- It's a wonderful opportunity to stretch the legs, grab a coffee and use the rest room in the Gateway to Fiordland.
- Once back on board, all phone signal is lost and the Milford highway enters Fiordland National Park via the Eglington Valley.
- This is arguable the start of the most stunning and majestic portion of the trip, and some would say one of the world's most spectacular drives!
- Along the way numerous stops will be made for photos and short nature walks to ensure you are getting the full Fiordland experience.
- Our talented driver guides will give a full commentary on local history, flora and fauna through anecdotal storytelling.
- Arriving at Milford Sound you'll be dropped off at the Visitor Centre where you'll depart on a cruise of the fiord; the main event!
- The two hour cruise travels the length of the fiord to the Tasman Sea stopping by some of the outstanding nature features, waterfalls and seal colonies during the cruise.
- Our famously friendly crew are on hand for photos, fun Fiordland facts, and you can visit the skipper in the open wheelhouse too!
- For the ultimate in Milford Sound flightseeing, add a fly back to the trip to get a bird's eye of view of the vast Fiordland National Park.
- Otherwise, return to the coach after the cruise for the 4 hour journey back to Queenstown. A short rest stop is made in Te Anau on the return journey.
- Central hotel / bus stops pickup & drop off
- Comfortable coach with spaciously arranged seating.
- Scenic photo stops & short nature walks.
- Boat cruise of Milford Sound.
- Includes lunch on board the cruise.
- Complimentary tea & coffee
- Optional fly backs can be arranged with True South Flights.
Day 1 : Coach & Cruise Day Tour to Milford Sound
Departs Queenstown 7:10am summer / 7:55am winter. Central Queenstown bus stop pickup & drop off in comfortable coach with spaciously arranged seating. Rest break in Te Anau (Te Anau departure point). Scenic photo stops & short nature walks in the National Park. Boat cruise of Milford Sound includes lunch on board. Complimentary tea & hot water, with espresso coffee is available for purchase (on cruise). Optional fly backs can be arranged with True South Flights
Departs: Daily Year round
Pickup from bus stops in Central Queenstown & Frankton Road:
Summer - from 6:40am / Winter - from 7.30am
Pickup from Frankton:
Summer - Departs Queenstown 7:10am / Winter - Departs Queenstown 7:55am
Pickup from Central Te Anau: Kiwi Country Cafe
Summer - 9:30am / Winter - 10.15am
Summer - (01 Oct - 30 Apr)
Winter - (01 May - 30Sep)
Return: Queenstown/Te Anau
What to Bring:
Warm comfortable clothing
Fully charged camera