- Drive real 4x4's along the worlds largest sand island
- Travel in a group of fun, like-minded adventurers
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of beautiful Lake McKenzie
- Sleep beneath the stars in a premium, exclusive campsite with beds
- Relax in Eli Creek and explore the ancient rainforests
- All your food for Fraser Island
- Fuel for 4x4s
- Accommodation on the island in permanent tents
- All camping permits, national park, and vehicle permits
- Return ferry transfer
- 4WD driver training on the beach
- All 4x4s have iPod / MP3 adaptor cables
- 4x4s escorted onto the ferry
- Luggage storage and safety deposit
Day 1: Depart Rainbow Beach
We begin with a morning briefing at Freedom Hostels Rainbow Beach at 7:30 am where we cover the following: Pack cars, check equipment, Dingo’s safety, and driver briefing. We drive approx 10 minutes to the barge (ferry) and board for our 10-minute barge crossing. Once we have arrived on the world's biggest sand island, we then Traverse the eastern beach...Fraser Island's own highway with speed limits! The adventure begins as we drive to the famous Lake McKenzie...arguably the most popular and picturesque highlight of Fraser! Here we stop for some lunch, and for some quality time to have a play in the amazing clear waters with your new-found friends! Around 3 pm we drive up the beach to our campsite, for an early dinner and some well-deserved drinks and fun!
Meal(s) included : Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Return to Rainbow Beach
Arise in the morning for a quick breakfast before we begin our second day on Fraser Island and depending on tidal conditions we will either head up to Indian Head, Fraser Island's highest point. From here you may be lucky enough to see whales and sharks in the ocean before we travel to Champagne Pools for a dip! We will then visit Eli Creek, a beautifully clear creek perfect for a relaxing swim and a stop at Maheno shipwreck for some photos and a short history lesson about this famous Fraser Island icon. Alternatively instead of heading to Indian Heads and Champagne Pools, we will drive to the beginning of the Lake Wabby walk, where we walk through the sand dunes to this tropical paradise! Then it's time to begin our drive down the beach heading back to the barge. Once back on the mainland we head back to the 4WD shed where you unpack and quickly clean the cars. We return to Freedom Rainbow Beach between 3 pm and 4 pm.
Meal(s) included: Breakfast, Lunch
- All tours depart from Freedom Rainbow Beach, 20 Spectrum Street, Rainbow Beach, Queensland 4581
- Must attend a safety meeting on the day at 7:30 am at Freedom Rainbow Beach.
- Customers must be present no later than 7 am on morning of departure.
- Passengers must attend an orientation meeting from Freedom Rainbow Beach
- Cancellations and changes are NOT permitted within 72 hours of arrival date at Freedom Rainbow Beach.
- ALL DRIVERS MUST BE 21 or over with a FULL manual license. You must have held this license for a minimum of 1 year and you must have the license with you. If you do not meet these requirements you may still travel on the tour but will not be able to drive.