- The Bay of Islands bus pass is a flexible and convenient way to explore the stunning Bay of Islands region in the "winterless north" of New Zealand.
- Starting and ending in Auckland, the pass takes you to Paihia, where you can discover the beauty of the 144 islands and breathtaking beaches.
- With a minimum of three days of travel, you have the freedom to engage in various water and land-based adventure activities such as fishing, sailing, nature walking, and beach relaxation.
- The bus pass provides the opportunity to travel with like-minded individuals and benefit from the knowledge and guidance of legendary local Driver Guides.
- Ticket includes transport only.
Day 1 : Auckland to Paihia
Journey to the winterless north - home to 144 islands. Departing Auckland, we stop at Whangarei Falls on our way North, arriving in the Bay of Islands around midday. Check out the sights surrounding Paihia, including NZ's most historical location Waitangi - the 'Birthplace of the Nation'. Northland is rich in history and Maori culture and with its crystal clear water, huge kauri forests, and plentiful islands to explore - you will soon see why Kiwi Experience heads up north. Swim with the dolphins, ride out to the famous hole in the rock, or go kayaking, sailing, fishing, diving, snorkelling, or just relax on the beach!
Day 2 : Paihia to Cape Reinga to Paihia
Don’t miss this awesome day trip to the very top of New Zealand. Roll yourself out of bed and be prepared for an action packed day up to Cape Reinga. This area is sacred to the Maori people and the day trip to Cape Reinga is a must do. The day is full of walks and free activities. Drive along 90 Mile Beach, see huge kauri trees, body board down the gigantic sand dunes, view the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean clashing, gather shellfish on the beach, and experience one of New Zealand’s best fish ‘n’ chip shops!
Day 3 : Pahihia to Auckland
Squeeze in those activities you haven’t completed yet before heading back to Auckland Departing mid-afternoon, you have the best part of the day to experience one of the many activities on offer in the Bay, or simply chill on the beach with a good book. The drive back to the “big smoke” is relaxed and we have you back in the city in time to find some dinner and hit the town.
Start Auckland finish Auckland.
Minimum travel time 3 days.
Maximum travel time 12 months from the first day of travel.
What to Bring:
Comfortable walking shoes.
The pass, valid for sale between January 1, 2023, and April 30, 2024, allows you to change your travel dates without any fees.
To ensure a hassle-free experience, you can pre-book and pay for accommodation and activities through the Online Trip Planner.