- Watch the sun set over the magnificent Uluru, one of the most mesmerizing sites you may ever witness
- Embark on an interpretive Uluru Base walk and have the opportunity to climb
- Sleep beneath the stars among the true outback serenity in private campsites
- Visit the striking Kings Canyon and explore the Amphitheater, Lost City and Garden of Eden with a rim walk
- Complete the majestic "Valley of the Winds" hike at Kata Tjuta
- Professional guide
- Travel in an air-conditioned mini-bus vehicle (24 pax maximum)
- All meals (as listed on itineraries)
- Camping equipment*
- Drinking water (please provide your own bottle)
Day 1: Alice Springs to Uluru
It’s an early rise if you are joining us in Alice Springs where you will make the journey to Ayers Rock where we will meet our fellow travellers joining us there. This afternoon embark on an interpretive base walk of Uluru. Those choosing to climb will have the opportunity to do so, weather permitting. (Note: Uluru is a sacred site and the Anangu people ask visitors to respect their law and do not climb it). The Cultural Centre is impressive and well worth a visit before watching the ever changing colours of Uluru at sunset. After dinner, some stories and stargazing, it’s time for a good night’s rest at our private campsite before another active day tomorrow. *Lunch on Day 1 is only included for passengers beginning their tour in Alice Springs. Passengers starting in Ayers Rock will need to have eaten prior to pick up.
Meal(s) included: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Uluru to Kings Creek Station via Kata Tjuta
Your guide will wake you bright and early to experience a mesmerising Uluru sunrise, early mornings being such a magical time in the desert. Then it’s a short drive to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), an Aboriginal word for “many heads”, to explore its domes of which there are 36 in total. Pull on your hiking boots and take the Valley of the Winds walk through creek beds, domes and beautiful wilderness. After lunch, it’s farewell to Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park as we travel to Kings Creek Station to spend the night at our private camp.
Meal(s) included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Kings Creek Station to Alice Springs via Kings Canyon
This morning we enter the Watarrka (Kings Canyon) National Park, home of a mighty chasm with sheer red rock faces which soar over 100 metres above lush palm forests. The rim of Kings Canyon is a 6km round trip walk and you will visit the Amphitheatre, Lost City and tranquil Garden of Eden. After our final meal together we begin our journey back to Alice Springs arriving in the early evening.
Meal(s) included: Breakfast, Lunch
Departures / Pickups
Alice Springs From central accommodation from 5:40am
Ayers Rock Airport 12.55 / 13.55 depending on season. See departures list when checking availability.
Outback Pioneer (AYQ Resort) 13.00
Those arriving into AYQ in the morning can catch the free shuttle bus to Ayers Rock Resort for pick up from Outback Pioneer
Alice Springs only 5.30 pm approximately
Customers are required to pay their $25 per person National Park Fee via credit card when reconfirming their tour.
Customers must bring their own sleeping bag or hire one for a $30 local payment. Tents are not included and swags are provided as standard. Customers wishing to sleep in a tent will be required to pay a $60 per person local payment. Both items must be pre-booked.
Camel ride is optional and at own expense and is available only to those starting in Alice Springs
- Wide-brimmed hat
- Walking shoes/boots
- Swimming and/or bath towel
- Insect repellent and fly net (if insects bother you)
- Water bottle (1.5 litres)
- Sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own and not hire one)
- Comfortable and casual clothing for three days in a soft bag