Built 30 years ago, the Duke of Edinburgh himself conducted the naming ceremony of the vessel on board.
The yacht went on to place first in races around the world, until 2001 when British Defender was completely re-fitted for Whitsunday Sailing experiences.
- Ideal for those wanting a fast and adventurous sailing trip in the Whitsundays!
- Explore Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout, and snorkel at different sites
- A well-known social Maxi Yacht that's popular amongst solo travellers and backpackers
- Budget-friendly option, perfect if you're short on time in the Whitsundays!
Highligts and features
- Fun and Fast Maxi Sailing Experience
- 26 Passengers creating a social atmosphere
- Ample time at Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet Lookout
- Snorkel different fringe reef sites
- Large shaded area on deck for sun protection
- 3 Bathrooms with Hot Showers
- Single and Double Bunks
- Comfortable Air Conditioning interior
- 2 Dining Tables for eating in comfort
- Clean fresh linen provided for all guests
- All meals included and made freshly onboard
- Morning and afternoon tea, tea and coffee provided
- BYO Alcohol - No Glass or Red Wine allowed
No pickups available.
Departure location: Coral Sea Marina, Airlie Beach
Departs: 7:45am - Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
Returns: 4pm - Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays