- Sail across Great Lake Taupo to the renowned Maori Rock Carvings or enjoy a Sunset Cruise aboard New Zealand’s only boat cinema
- View the iconic 10 meter high Maori Rock Carvings, only accessible by boat
- All scheduled cruises include a free beverage
- Sail on a traditional 1920s Vintage sailing yacht
- Soak up the sun or roll up your sleeves; you can take the wheel, help hoist the sails or just sit back and enjoy the view
- The skipper and crew will make your sailing trip enjoyable and memorable aboard the vessel that has proudly entertained locals and visitors to the region for three decades
- 2.5 cruise around Lake Taupo
- Friendly Skipper and experienced staff
- Luxury beanbags
- Free beverage
- Music sound system
- Warm ponchos available if the weather provides
Depart on the mighty Waikato River and work our way along the bays of Great Lake Taupo with an informative and interesting short history of the area, it’s volcanic nature and settlement.
Sit back and relax in luxury beanbags on our spacious deck as we round the point and the famous Maori Rock Carvings come into view. Barbary takes you right up close for the perfect shot of the 10-metre high rock art. You’re guaranteed amazing photo opportunities as you experience one of life’s postcard moments on this Maori tour.
Soak up the warming sun or go for a swim before you enjoy free refreshments at the rock carvings. As you depart from the carvings, soak up the sun or roll up your sleeves; you can take the wheel, help hoist the sails or just sit back and enjoy the view.
If the wind dies down, Barbary’s quiet, eco-friendly electric engine kicks in. Or if you prefer a real sailing adventure, then come aboard when the wind is up and enjoy sailing without salty sea spray and noisy outboard motors. We’re equipped for all conditions, including awesome warm ponchos. You will work our way back across Taupo Bay to the marina, marveling at the picturesque Mountains in one direction and Mount Tauhara watching over Taupo Township in the other.
Departs: Daily at 10.30am, 2.00pm and 5:00pm (5pm summer only). Passengers are to present at Barbary 15 minutes prior to cruise departure.
Trip Duration: 2.5 hours
Location: Berth 10, Redoubt Street, Taupo Boat Harbour, Taupo.
The Taupo Boat Harbour is within easy walking distance to the CBD, bus stop and all Taupo Hostels, with free all-day car parking available.
Barbary sails every day of the year except Christmas Day.