- On this small group tour (max 20 passengers) you will experience the tranquility of Litchfield National Park.
- Learn the stories from our experienced professional Guide.
- Go on bush walks and hear of the tropical animal and plant life.
- We talk about the Majestic Termite Mounds and stop there to hear about their unique role in our tropical eco-system
- Look out onto the magnificent waterfalls.
- Immerse yourself in the tranquil, natural swimming holes of Wangi Falls, Buley Rockhole and Florence Falls. (Seasonal restrictions may apply)
- Go croc spotting on your exclusive group cruise on the Adelaide River, where the wildlife is abundant.
- See the biodiversity of the Savannah Woodlands.
- Pick up and return to your accommodation (out of town and private residence pickups can be arranged).
- Guided bush walks through the Savannah Woodlands and Monsoonal Forests.
- Swimming at three of Litchfield's most magnificent waterfalls.
- Private Group Crocodile Spotting Cruise on the Adelaide River
- A freshly prepared lunch is served up at a shady spot near Wangi Falls.
- Snacks and chilled drinking water is provided throughout the day.
Day 1 : Litchfield Day Tour
Upon entering Litchfield National Park we will stop at the majestic Termite Mounds to hear about their unique role in our tropical eco-system. We will spend time at Florence Falls, Buley Rockhole and Wangi Falls. Seasonal conditions permitting, we should be able to swim by the waterfalls and take some bush walks through our Monsoonal Forest and the Savannah Woodlands. After a freshly prepared picnic lunch, we will head over to the Adelaide River for a late afternoon Private Group Crocodile Cruise.
Departs: Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays during March and October and Daily except Mondays from April through to September.
Pickup: Between 7.15am and 8am depending on the location of your hotel.
Darwin Accommodation pick ups and drop-offs available. Please confirm which hotel you are staying at.
A more accurate pick up time should be confirmed at the point of booking.
Return: Approx. 7.30pm - the tour is approximately a 12 hour day.
What to Bring:
Swimwear and a towel
Sunscreen 30+ and a sun hat
Re-fillable water bottle
We will make a comfort stop upon arrival to the Park where you may want to purchase yourself a fresh coffee.
If you would like a special meal for example gluten free or vegan, please call the office on 08 8931 2021 to make payment before your trip. All special meals are $15 each.
Most dietary requirements can be accommodated for an extra fee. Please advise us in advance.
There is room to bring a small back pack. There is no room to bring large luggage with you.
The walk through the Ubirr Rock Art Galleries is approximately 1.5km return and is spread out throughout the morning, with the chance to sit in the shade as your Guide tells you the stories behind each of the artworks.
The Day is adjustable to your fitness level. You can choose to take Bush walks or the bus between some of the swimming holes. You can choose to swim in the cool deep waters, or sit at the edge and dip your feet in.
Please discuss with your Guide if you would like to sit out of the sun for a while and they will find you a shady spot.
There is drinking water available on the bus throughout the day. Please refill your bottle and drink plenty of water. 1 liter is recommended for each hour of activity.